5.14.2011

2.19.11

I'm sitting in the lobby of the historic Ahwanee Hotel in Yosemite Village, CA, and this place gets even more magical every time I'm lucky enough to venture here. I played last night with a great band, and my good friends, Elastik Soul from St. Louis. Check them out when you can, they're phenomenal musicians and even better people. Good times.

Yosemite is currently in the middle of receiving an overwhelming amount of snow... "Sierra cement" is the name for it here, because it is seriously the heaviest, wettest snow, at least that I've ever seen. Perfect for snow balls, and the "snow bomb's," which drop from the trees and look like giant snow pancakes, add some hilarity when they crash on the unsuspecting tourist' head.

This is one of the most awe-inspiring places I've been to on my travels, and it always sparks the creative juices and reminds me of how small I am; that I'm a part of something so much bigger than the conciousness I'm limited to. It's amazing how the world can be re-shaped in these moments of realization. It feels good to feel re-invigorated, even if it's just for this moment, right now.

Last night, myself and a few friends walked out into the middle of the valley, trudging through the snow and dodging the snow bombs. It was a full moon, and the mist rolled over half-dome and el cap just right, leaving a lasting memory in my minds eye. Such an awesome place... I hope that you get to check it out someday, and I hope it will remind you, like it did me, how lucky we are to live in this beautiful country, and how we have a responsibility to enjoy and protect these inspiring locations for the people who will come when we're gone. Cheers from Yosemite :-)

Reading: The Economic Hit Man
Listening to: The Felice Brothers

1 Comments:

Anonymous Iris McWilliams said...

I think this trip inspired us all. Thank you for the inspiration friend. :)

XO

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home